Elder Care in Tallahassee FL
Elder Care Services Director, Mark Baldino is in a festive mood because Brian Moran and Lisa Brown have just delivered Hopewell’s basket of gifts for Elder Care Services Elder Elf program. Elder Care Services Elder Elf Program has helped over 150 needy Tallahassee seniors this Holiday season by enlisting volunteers and community partners like Hopewell to ‘adopt’ a senior. Elder Care Services gathered a list of items these seniors were in need of and connected them with people and organizations who wished to help. Hopewell’s adopted senior needed items such as: towels, shampoo, a shower chair, shoes and new sheets. Lisa Brown, RN enlisted the efforts of everyone at Hopewell to help gather the items, wrap and deliver them. Lisa said, “We are all so grateful that we are able to help make someone’s holiday a little brighter.” Besides for the Elder Elf program, here are some of the other great things Elder Care Services does for our Tallahassee seniors.
- 768 seniors in Leon County received a total of 133,294 meals through Meals on Wheels
- 672 volunteers delivered a hot lunch to participant’s homes Monday through Friday, including holidays.
- 175 frail seniors received 28,234 hours of In-home and Community-based services such as personal care, light housekeeping, transportation, crisis interventions and professional care.
- 50 seniors (100% with psychological or physical impairments) who could no longer stay home alone spent 114,195 hours at our Elder Day Stay center.
- 2,443 seniors received free material aid such as ambulatory aids, adaptive medical equipment, incontinence supplies, blankets, heaters, fans, furniture and groceries.
If you or an aging loved one are considering elder care in Tallahassee, FL, please call the caring staff at Hopewell In-Home Senior Care today at 850-386-5552. Providing Senior Care Services in North Florida.
Latest posts by Jami D. Eddy (see all)
- 4 Signs Your Senior is Struggling at Home - September 16, 2019
- What to Do When a Senior with Parkinson’s is Hallucinating - September 11, 2019
- 5 Things New Caregivers Need to Learn About - September 3, 2019