Home Care in Perry FL
October 1 is Frugal Fun Day. As a family caregiver this is the ideal opportunity for you to find fun and affordable activities that you can enjoy with your elderly parent. Keeping your aging loved one active and engaged in the world around them is an important part of supporting their mental, emotional, and physical health throughout their later years. By focusing some of your care effort on spending quality time with your parent you can also strengthen your parent-child relationship, bring more meaning into your care journey, and create memories that you can cherish well into the future.
Let these ideas inspire you for activities that you can enjoy with your parent on Frugal Fun Day:
- Nature scavenger hunt. Head out into nature and see what you can discover. Taking a cue from the traditional scavenger hunt activity, see how many natural sights, sounds, and smells you can find on your journey through a local park or even your parent’s neighborhood. Try adding in some unexpected items as well, such as someone wearing pink, a trash can that is not round, or a piece of green paper. This activity helps to strengthen the mind and encourages conversation and sharing.
- “Upcycle” crafts. Crafting is a great way to get your parent’s mind active, spend meaningful quality time with them, and make memories. You can also use these crafts as decorations, gifts, or other functional items. When it comes to frugal fun, upcycling is the perfect way to craft. This is all about taking items that your parent already has around the home and transforming them into something else. For example, taking an old toy baby carriage from your childhood, painting it, and transforming it into a planter for their front yard. Encourage your parent to find items that they do not use anymore and get creative with ways that they can use them again.
- Local tourism. Just because your parent lives in a specific area does not mean that they cannot be a tourist in that area. Do some research on the tourism or chamber of commerce website for your parent’s area to find sites that they advertise to those visiting. You might just find inexpensive or even free things to do that you never knew about, and that can help your parent to connect more to their home.
Starting home care for your elderly loved one is a fantastic way to encourage them to live a more active, engaged, and fulfilling quality of life as they age in place. An in-home senior care services provider can be with your elderly parent on the schedule that works for them to give them a personalized approach to care, assistance, and support. Through an approach tailored not just to their individual challenges, limitations, and needs, but also their personality, thoughts, and goals, this care provider can help your elderly parent engage more in the world around them, enjoy more activity, and maintain a more independent and autonomous way of life. This can include giving them companionship and support as they try new things, go on adventures, and experiment with activities that fit in with their interests, passions, and hobbies.
If you or an aging loved one are considering home care in Perry, FL, please call the caring staff at Hopewell In-Home Senior Care today at 850-386-5552. Providing Senior Care Services in North Florida.
Latest posts by Jami D. Eddy (see all)
- The Importance of Metabolic Screening for Older Adults - August 13, 2019
- Do You Know What Support is Available to Your Dad? - August 5, 2019
- Essentials for Senior First Aid Kits - July 29, 2019