Home Care in Tallahassee FL
July is National Vacation Rental Month, which makes it the perfect time for you to take advantage of the unofficial last few weeks of summer by planning a vacation with your family. For many families, especially those traveling with older adults, a vacation rental is a much better choice than a traditional hotel. These rentals are far larger than a traditional hotel and offer amenities such as full kitchens, multiple bathrooms, laundry facilities, and recreational areas. The homelike environment makes it easier for your aging parent to remain on their usual schedule and for everyone to make the most out of their trip.
Use this packing checklist to ensure that you have everything that you need to enjoy a vacation rental with your elderly parent this summer:
- Bathroom supplies. Unlike in traditional hotels, vacation rentals do not generally offer housekeeping. This means that while they will likely have very basic items stocked for your use when you first arrive, it is up to you to replenish those items as you use them. This is a great chance for you to make sure that your parent has the items that they are familiar with, including preferred brands of toilet paper, face tissues, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face soap, and even air freshener.
- Kitchen supplies. The convenience and savings offered by having a full kitchen in the rental are significant, but that means that you have to take care of the kitchen like you would at home. This means that you will likely need dishwashing liquid or dishwasher detergent, disposable items if you do not want to do dishes, trash bags, and all-purpose cleaners.
- Health needs. Make sure that you stock your parent’s health supplies and needs just like you would at home. This should include a basic first aid kit, over the counter medications that they take frequently, and items such as contact lens cleaner as necessary.
If you are concerned that your parent’s needs and limitations may interfere with their ability to enjoy a vacation with your family safely, this does not mean that you have to give up your trip. Respite home care is the ideal option for still giving your family the vacation that they desire and deserve, while knowing that your parent is getting the care and support that they need. A respite in home senior care services provider can step in for a few hours or even a few days to provide the care that your parent needs on their own personal schedule so that you can go and enjoy your summer fun without worrying. This type of care is also a good choice if you want to bring your parent along with you on your vacation but are not sure that they are going to be able to participate in all of the activities. The respite home care provider can stay with them when they are not with your family so that everyone is safe and comfortable throughout the trip.
If you or an aging loved one are considering home care in Tallahassee, FL, please call the caring staff at Hopewell In-Home Senior Care today at 850-386-5552. Providing Senior Care Services in North Florida.
Latest posts by Jami D. Eddy (see all)
- Can Your Senior Stay Active with Dementia? - October 14, 2019
- Can You Incorporate Gratitude into Your Daily Routines? - October 8, 2019
- Is it Time to Talk to Your Senior about Mobility Tools? - October 1, 2019